Thank you for installing PowerDrive 3.0. In this version, the following features have been added:
1. Redesigned UI interface makes it more friendly and fresh.
2. Restoring is now available for Calendar, Contacts and Photos.
3. Importing photo and video from camera SDCard is now simpler. Furthermore you can preview before saving.
4. Shoot HD video, take photo and save to external drive instantly.
5. The redesigned multi-format video player now supports screen sliding forward/rewind, subtitle and audio track.
6. Files are categorized into different types automatically in the new Finder.
7. Music, Video, Podcast and iTunes U can now be imported into folders.
PowerDrive User Interface and Features：
- Connect the external drive, tap “allow” when dialogue box pops up, the app goes to work. Home page is the backup page.
- PowerDrive starts detecting the items to be backed up in Photos, Contacts and Calendar and display the numbers if any.
- Tap “Back up Now” to start back up all items of Photos, Contacts and Calendar to the external drive. Those items are saved in a “Backup” folder.
- View the related items when backup is completed. Tap “Done” to return to Backup page.
- Connect the device. In Backup page, if there’s backed-up items already, the Restore button is enabled and can go to Restore page. If not, the “Restore” button is disabled.
- Check the Photos, Contacts and Calendar to be restored.
- Choose the backed-up device and Tap “Restore Now” to start restoring. One device can be restored at one time.
- While PowerDrive is restoring Photos, Contacts and Calendar to the new Apple device, do not exit the app and keep it running in the forefront.
- Tap “Done” to go back to Backup page.
Browsing, Edit and Share
- The second tap is the Photos feature. Photos and videos on the local and external directory can be browsed, edited, and shared here.
- On the navigation bar, there’re Photos/Backedup/SDCard options.
Each refer to different sources.
- “Photos” include the photos and videos added to (external drive)/Pictures and taken by the in-app camera.
- “Backedup” include photos backed up with an iPhone or iPad which is located on Backup folder.
- When a SDCard or a microSD card is inserted into a Lightning card reader, the app starts checking if there is a DCIM folder. If yes, “SDCard” option is shown up and list the devices by reading photos taken by different DSLR or digital cameras.
- While viewing the “Photos” option, tap “Select” and select the photos or videos, save them to Camera Roll, delete or share.
- Tap the Add button on the left-above, add photos and videos from Photo Library to a “Pictures” folder so as to exchange.
- While viewing the “Backedup” option, photos and videos backed-up from multiple devices can be browsed by scrolling with the latest on the bottom. Tap “Select” and select the photos or videos, save them to Camera Roll, delete or share.
- Tap the “From” button, photos are categorized by source devices and albums.
- While viewing the “SDCard” button, the app will search all the cameras that use this card and shows up the camera models. Tap into the models to see what’s inside. It takes some time to finish caching at the first time.
- Tap the photo to open the full view of the image. Save them to Camera Roll, delete or share.
- Multiple photos can be selected at one time and saved to Camera Roll for future editing.
- RAW images can be viewed on Apple Device above iOS 10 and save to Camera Roll.
- Now PowerDrive supports taking photos and videos and save directly to external drive. This saves space. When space of iPhone or iPad is suddenly not enough, point and shoot to the external drive won’t make you miss any shots.
- Switch to Photos, you can take photos. Switch to Video, you can shoot non-stop videos. All are save to external drive. Videos are divided into segments of no more than 900MB.
- Tap the button on the right-below to view and edit photos and videos.
- Files in local external drive are categorized into different tabs under the Finder Tab.
- “Movies” gather all movies and videos and displayed in a more intuitive UI for better experience.
- “Music” gathers all songs which are displayed in list view. Tap to play. The playing bar are on the bottom. If you don’t like, you can remove the songs.
- “Documents” gather all files except Photos, Videos and Music in one place. Tap the file name to open, if not supported, it can be opened in with another app.
- “Contacts” display all the latest contacts by list view. Tap to open a contact. (not yet finished with version 3.0.0)
- “Calendar” display all events by list view. (not yet finished with version 3.0.0)
- Device (File Explorer)
- All files are shown up in its original name in the file explorer. Browse the file in its folder or select to delete, rename, copy, move and share to other apps.
- iPhone/iPad or its device name are referred to a space inside the PowerDrive App locally. The app is not allowed to view other apps contents if not permitted.
- External drive name is referred to the device. Tap and view all files on it.
- 。Some models like P1,M1 can charge Apple Device while using. Turn on or off to enable or disable the charging. Pen Drive or card reader does not support charging by itself.
- When Apple device’s battery is lower than 20%, the device will start charging automatically if enabled.
- Passcode Lock
- After setting Passcode Lock, the device sets a passcode key in the hardware. Password is required when reading or writing the device.
- The passcode can be set with a 6-digit number and Touch ID fingerprint. If Touch ID is enabled, press the Touch ID to unlock the device.
- An email is required to be inputted at setting the passcode first time. Verify this email before confirming. it is used to recover the passcode incase the passcode is forgotten,
- Enable the Temporary Access before connecting to a PC or Mac. Otherwise, the drive name is displayed as DISK_LOCKED and cannot be accessed.
- When automatic backup is enabled, the app will check if any new items added and start backing up automatically.
- When backup is completed, the app asks if you would like to delete the photos just backed up. Each time this will be prompted incase of mis-deleting.
- Reading the Quick Start Guide helps you understand how to use the app quickly. If you have any other issues, you can also refer to FAQ.
- If you have any suggestion or questions, you are welcome to write to us by email on the Feedback button.
- If you have any hardware issues, contact the hardware manufacturer by email or any other means.
- If you like this app, give us a five-star comment. We read every comment. Your comments are highly appreciated.
- More on the way…
Terms： iOS devices are referred to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS system.
Note： The guide may be changed at any time with the app upgrading. Please be noted we reserve the right to explain the terms.
PowerDrive Dev Team 2017/6/30